Saturday, April 27, 2013

World...Meet Lillia!

Hey World! After 12 years of praying and hoping...Here comes Lillia Genevieve! Born July 22nd, 2012, at 6:59 p.m. in Waverly, Iowa, weighing 7 lbs. 9.8 oz. and measuring 19-3/4" long...Our perfect, amazing, beautiful baby girl has arrived!!

Screaming and gripping Daddy's finger, she lets us know she's not too happy with this situation!

Her entrance into the world was very emotional for all of us. My water broke at 2:10 p.m. Four weeks before her due date, I was in complete shock and denial and wasn't even sure if my water had really broken. We arrived at the hospital at 3:00 and found out pretty quickly that my water had broken and I was really in labor. Lillia arrived just 4 hours later. It all happened so fast! I was really not prepared for labor since I was planning on getting an epidural and when I had an epidural with Eliza and Amanda, I didn't feel a thing. But maybe because it all happened so fast, I felt most of it and it was pretty traumatic. I guess I'm not so good with the pain!! It was pretty hard and scary for the girls to witness, but it was truly an amazing and miraculous experience. You can see in this picture how emotional we all were.

Amanda's first time bottle feeding her baby sister! What a precious picture!

Big Daddy making sure he holds tiny baby carefully.

Eliza flashing her beautiful smile as she holds her new baby sister for the first time.

I loved this nurse! She was so sweet and is the one who noticed Lillia's irregular breathing and probably saved her life.

This is one of my favorite pictures. I love her tiny hand gripping just the tip of Daddy's finger. So precious!

Perfect and amazing!

She's so worn out...coming into the world is a big job!!

Look at those cheeks!!! I think she looks a little Chinese in this picture.

One last cuddle and a little conversation before the gang heads home.

3 comments:

Kim Butler said...

Love this post! I just love the emotion that is evident on all of your faces. Such a special time for your family. And I do love that little tiny hand wrapped around Daddy's finger. So sweet!

Unknown said...

Wow! that got me all teary eyed! I love the emotional picture too, and she is just so darn precious!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Steph - making everyone cry...I'm teary, too!! This was an amazing post! What a precious and beautiful baby Lillia was! I also love the family picture, and the one holding Tim's finger.